Microsoft today released Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14342 from the Redstone branch to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With, The latest build microsoft added new features, fixed issues and there are also some known issues in the build.
Here’s what’s fixed for Mobile
• We fixed an issue causing installation of mobile builds to fail with Error 80070002.
• Language and Speech Packs should download without any errors.
• We have fixed the issue causing DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Microsoft Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu to fail on playback with 0x8004C029 or 0x8004C503 errors.
• We fixed the issue where some users with some non-English keyboards were not able to enter letters such as w, y, and a when typing into the address bar of the Edge browser.
• We fixed the issue causing your phone to lock up and reboot when it receives a notification from an app that has “Keep notifications private on the lock screen” turned on under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
• We increased font size and improved spacing of the data migration page after receiving an update.
• Polished icons used to identify pages in the Settings app – in particular, updated battery icon to be more consistent with the weight of the other icons.
• Improved performance when retrieving updated GPS coordinates while driving.
• Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.
• Polished the look of media controls on the Lock screen. When you press one of the media control buttons, it appears “pressed”.
• We fixed an issue where some apps, including Tweetium, would crash on launch.
• We fixed an issue where Action Center’s context menus would appear in the wrong orientation if the app underneath was in landscape mode.
• We fixed an issue where Lumia 435, 532, 535 and 540 would fail to record video, as well as an issue where advanced camera settings were not preserved when taking a photo with the Lumia 435, resulting in the photo being taken with default settings instead.
• Fixed an issue where the same device might be listed multiple times under Connect.
• Fixed an issue where quickly pressing the power button twice when Windows Hello is enabled could result in the display appearing stuck off.
• We fixed the issue where Groove Music might show an error saying “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now”.
• When delayed lock is setup, Windows Hello will now say “Swipe up to dismiss the lock screen”, rather than looking for your iris.
• We fixed an issue where Glance wouldn’t be displayed when hovering hand over proximity sensor.
• We fixed an issue where multiple UWPs might start crashing on launch after getting stuck on their splash screen.
Known issues for Mobile
• UPDATE: After your device reboots from installing this update, if it gets stuck as the Windows logo – let it sit and be patient. It might appear frozen but its still working in the background. While you wait, it is recommended you plug your phone in and let it charge as well. For more details – see this forum post.
• We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we’re investigating these reports.
• Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
• We have reduced the number of instances where boxes are seen when entering emoji. You may still see them in some text fields – we’re working on it!
• The Settings app may crash when you are re-arranging Quick Actions under Settings > System > Notification & actions. If it does, it could result in one of the Quick Action spots disappearing. If you see this happen, please refrain from changing your Quick Action settings on this build. If you have been impacted by this issue, only a hard reset will revert your Quick Action settings back to default.
If you’re windows insider in the fast ring, you can get the update by heading towards Settings>Update&Security>Phone Update>Check for updates.
For more information on Tech news :
Like our Facebook page : Gizmo nation
You can also Follow us on twitter here : @iGIZMONATION
Feel free to join our Facebook support group Windows Mobile News – WinMobIf you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices