Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 Creators Update officially for customers around the world starting from April 11 for PC and for Windows 10 Mobile it will start rolling out from April 25. the update will roll out in phases and the first in the line will be the newer devices, especially those which were tested by the company with their OEM hardware partners and will be release to additional devices based on the feedback received during the initial phase.
Microsoft : We believe that everyone is a creator at heart and that creativity is an essential human trait. And, no matter who you are, Windows 10 is built to empower the creator in all of us. To show you some of the great new features coming in the Creators Update, we’ve got a special episode of This Week on Windows just for you. New innovations in the Windows 10 Creators Update include 3D in Windows 10, built-in game broadcasting, new tab management features and more in Microsoft Edge, and enhanced security features such as a new Microsoft privacy dashboard.
Here are the detailed features of windows 10 Creators Update :
— 3D in Windows 10 Creators Update
The Windows 10 Creators Update comes with a new app called Paint 3D alongwith Remix 3D and online creative community. Paint 3D allows you to create or modify 3D objects, easily change color or texture, or turn 2D images into 3D works of art whereas Remix 3D connects you with other creators to find new ideas and get instant access to a library of 3D objects to customize, remix, and share with the creative community.
— Features for Windows 10 PC Gamers : Beam game broadcasting, New gaming section in System Settings, Game Mode, More games supported by Game bar
• Beam game broadcasting : Windows 10 Creators update brings built-in game streaming support with Beam, the easiest and most interactive way to stream your gameplay on Windows 10. Pressing Windows key + G while playing your game will bring up the Game bar, where you’ll find we’ve added a broadcast icon to launch Beam – no extra software required.
• New gaming section in System Settings :
Windows 10 Creators update comes with a new gaming section built right in the Windows System Settings marked by the Xbox logo. it brings together all the Windows 10 gaming settings under one roof. there are four settings options : Game bar, Game DVR, Broadcasting and Game Mode, which can be easily turned on and off for specific games using the Game bar (Windows Key + G)
> Game Mode : It provide a better and more consistent gaming experience on Windows 10, by dedicating more system resources to your game. Game Mode also works for both Win32 and UWP games. To enable Game Mode while playing a game, pull up the Game bar (Windows key + G) and click on the Settings button to opt the running game into using Game Mode.
With, Windows 10 Creators Update Microsoft is committed to bring Game Mode and Windows 10 performance improvements for PC gaming. it also add support for Windows Game bar in full-screen mode to more than 80 of the most popular PC games. you can also now manage this feature in the new Gaming section of Windows Settings. Look for “Game bar,” and make sure the “Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified” setting is checked
— Microsoft Edge adds management features, new extensions, and a new bookstore and reading experience.
with Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft Edge works more faster than Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and also offers longer battery life. When unplugged and on-the-go, you can stream video and browse longer. Microsoft Edge streams video up to 3 hours longer than Google Chrome and up to 5 hours longer than Mozilla Firefox, letting you binge watch your favorite show longer without needing a charge. You can also browse nearly a full hour longer with Microsoft Edge when compared to Google Chrome, and nearly two hours longer when compared to Mozilla Firefox.
• Tab preview bar : just like its name, Tab preview bar allows you to easily glance at a visual preview of every tab you have open without leaving your page. You can scroll through the list with touch, mouse wheel, or a touchpad.
• Set tabs aside : Set tabs aside feature allows to sweep away open tabs giving the ability to restore them later. And with Tabs you’ve set aside, you can preview thumbnails of web pages you set aside, and restore an individual or a collection of web pages to pick up where you left off.
• Import favorites from another browser into Microsoft Edge : Import all your favorites, browsing history and another data from browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any other into Microsoft Edge with just a single click.
• Jump list in Microsoft Edge : Jump list allows to quickly launch a new windows or a New InPrivate windows straight from the Taskbar icon of Microsoft Edge.
— Windows Store in the Windows 10 Creators update
• Books : With the Windows 10 Creators update, Windows Store comes with a new digital category named Books currently, its limited to United States region and with Books you can discover and read e-books from your favorite author across all genres.
Once you purchased any books from Windows Store, you can access and start reading it from Microsoft Edge, it also supports offline reading and can be easily customized as per need with custom fonts, layout and themes.
Microsoft Edge, with Cortana integration pulls of information directly from the web page into your reading experience. it is also integrated with Tools for accessibility features like Read Aloud and text spacing to make it easier for everyone to read, including people with learning differences like dyslexia and English Language Learners.
Books is available across all Windows 10 devices starting from laptops, 2-in-1s, desktops and Windows 10 Mobiles.
— Cortana in the Windows 10 Creators update
Cortana, the digital assistant can do alot better to remind you of all the schedule, commitments, and all other important stuff.
• Cortana loves music: You can now use Cortana to control music playback on more of your favorite music apps (EN-US only). And Groove now supports the ability to play music by mood, category or activity so you can say “Hey Cortana, play me some workout music” (EN-US only).
it is now also enabled with natural language compatibility for iHeartRadio and TuneIn Radio and will work both above the lock screen (PC is locked) as well as below! You can try queries like…
- Play Drake on iHeartRadio
- Play Top 40 on iHeartRadio
- Play NPR Hourly News on TuneIn
- Play jazz music on TuneIn
- Play Z100 on iHeartRadio
- Play KUOW on TuneIn
Adding music recognition support to Chinese (Simplified): Cortana can now recognize music for customers in China. Simply tap the music notes icon in the top corner of Cortana’s home page, and Cortana will listen to whatever music is playing and use Netease to tell you what song it is.
Full screen when Idle: When using “Hey Cortana” while your PC is unlocked and idle, you’ll get a full-screen experience that is optimized for viewing from afar. Give it a try by enabling “Hey Cortana”, and then wait for about 10 seconds or so without touching your PC (available in all Cortana markets).
— Improvements for all built-in apps :
• Use Windows Ink to draw on pictures and videos in the Photos app to make them your own. Have fun, express yourself, and create something new with videos and photos that feature your personal touch.
• Draw on a 2D or 3D map in the Maps app and make it yours with Windows Ink. Create routes with turn-by-turn directions, measure the distance between any two points, add notes, and mark places to visit.
• With Groove, you can upload music from your PC to OneDrive to play your own tunes and make a playlist once for all your devices including Windows, Xbox, Android, iOS, and Sonos.
• Fully immerse yourself in 360° videos and watch hit movies and TV shows in 4K or HD with the Movies & TV app. you can go directly from playing videos from your own collection to renting or buying hit movies and commercial-free TV shows to watch at home or on the go on your Windows PC or Xbox. And with the Creators Update, you can now explore new immersive 360° video content for the first time from partners like GoPro, Baobab Studios, SLIVER.tv, LIFE VR, and NextVR.
Editors Note : The article will be updated soon with more details.
Source : 1If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices