Here’s how you can upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1
Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 Mobile upgrade for compatible Windows Phone 8.1 devices through an over-the-air update. Most of the devices in the list were already confirmed by Microsoft.
Windows 10 Mobile compatible devices
- Lumia 1520
- Lumia 930
- Lumia 640
- Lumia 640XL
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 532
- Lumia 535
- Lumia 540
- Lumia 635 1GB
- Lumia 636 1GB
- Lumia 638 1GB
- Lumia 430
- Lumia 435
- BLU Win HD w510u
- BLU Win HD LTE x150q
- MCJ Madosma Q501
If you own any of the above Windows Phone 8.1 devices, head over to Windows Store to install the Upgrade Advisor app, launch it and see if the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade is available.
Here’s how you can get Windows 10 Mobile update “OTA”
2) Run UPGRADE ADVISOR app. After that you will see a message :-
“ Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor
The windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app privides information about upgrading to windows 10 and helps you prepare your phone to install the upgrade”
And you will see NEXT button. click on NEXT.
3) If your phone is compatible to upgrade to Windows 10 You will see a message :
Great news! The windows 10 upgrade is available to install on your phone.
Goto PHONE UPDATE in settings to download and install windows 10.”
And you will see DONE button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on it.
4) open Phone setting>>phone update.
5) You will get Build 10586.107 First (800MB-1GB). After that open Phone setting>>phone update. There you will see another update Build 10586.164 (Latest One) (250-500MB).
6) Download and install UPDATE 🙂
NOTE:- Before selecting Enable Windows 10 upgrade. To install the upgrade check out the following steps.
1) Ensure that your phone has at least 80% battery charge. Alternatively, you can connect your phone to the charger to make sure it does not run out of charge
2) Connect your phone to a stable Wi-Fi network
3)It is recommended you create a backup of your phone’s settings, apps, photos and messages to the cloud before you go ahead with the update. To create a backup go to Start, swipe over to the All apps list, select Settings>> Backup and then follow the on screen instructions.
4)Ensure that you have enough space on your device to install the update. Use Upgrade Advisor app that will recommend files such as videos or photos that you can move to OneDrive or an SD card. Alternatively, connect your phone to a PC and move the files.
5)Note that if you remove any app, you can always reinstall them from the Windows Store after the upgrade if you have space. Deleting an app will erase data of the app.
6) The upgrade might take an hour or longer than that, depending on the model of your Windows Phone 8.1 device and the apps installed. You will not be able to use the phone during the installation.
If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices
7) Once the upgrade is over, give the device some time for migrating of data and apps. You might not see apps tile or may not be able to open them. Keep the device plugged in to a charger and connect to Wi-Fi and wait for the apps to finish updating. In case an app tile is missing from Start, check the App list for the app and you can pin to Start, or even go to the Windows App Store to see if a new version of the app is available.
Thanks, Omesh Sharma for providing us the note!