Ever wonder why your Windows phone doesn’t connect to your college WiFi even after having the WiFi password whereas your friends who uses Android never face such issues. If yes, well don’t worry i have got the perfect solution for you.
What is Static IP?
A static IP address is a number (in the form of a dotted quad) that is assigned to a computer by an Internet service provider (ISP) to be its permanent address on the Internet. Imagine, your number is 98201xxxxx and I’m trying to call you on 98301xxxxx obviously, i can’t never speak with you on that number because it doesn’t belongs to you. The same issue is with your College WiFi which is set to work on pre-set IP numbers. Now, you will wondered how can your friends using Android phone connects to the same WiFi provide by your college faculty and your windows phone fails to do so. In my case i have noticed that the Android phone recognize the pre-set IP number whereas the windows phone doesn’t.
Here’s what i do to get the pre-set IP number for my windows phone.
♥ Connect your friends your Android phone to the WiFi network, it will automatically detect the IP number.
♥ Now use the same IP number in your Windows phone.
Coming back to How to assign Static IP in your Windows phone :
• Go to settings > Network and Wireless > WiFi > Turn on WiFi Networking [connect to the WiFi network, it will prompt you “No Internet”]
• Now turn off the WiFi
• Go to settings > Network and Wireless > WiFi > WiFi Networking > Static IP
• Now use the same IP number which you got from the Android phone earlier (Note: You can’t use SAME IP NUMBER IN MULTIPLE DEVICES)
• After, that Configure Subnet, Gateway and Proxy (check the Android phone settings to get them) or refer to the screenshot below :
• Now turn on the WiFi
• After configuring all the network settings it will still show you the error “No internet”
• Don’t worry just reboot your windows phone, it will automatically connect to the WiFi now
Hopefully, this post will help you to fix your issues and if any one of you have better suggestion, please feel free to contact me anytime.
For more information on Tech news :
• Like and Subscribe to our Facebook page : Mobile Studio
• You can Follow us on twitter here : @iMobileStudio_
• You can also follow us on our Telegram Channel here t.me/iMobileStudio
• Feel free to join our Facebook support group Android, iPhone & Windows Phone - News, Hacks, Tip and Tricks for any queries related to your Smartphones