JioPhone – India ka Smartphone
The long wait is finally over, Reliance Jio’s much awaited JioPhone which was announced last month on July, 21 at 40th Reliance Annual General Meeting by Mr. Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Jio is finally available for pre-booking starting from today August, 24 at 17:30 IST. the beta testing for JioPhone was started on August, 15.
Here’s how you can pre-book the device
1. Pre-book via My Jio app – Open the app > tap on the Pre book now option > on the next screen, enter your phone number and the area pincode > click on proceed.
2. Pre-book via Jio website – Visit Jio website from here > enter your 10 digit mobile number > click on the submit button > in the next screen enter your pincode > now it will prompt you to make the advance payment of Rs. 500 – Hit on the Pay button. if everything goes well, with-in seconds you will get the booking ID and address of your nearest Jio retailer which will be required later to collect the device.
Coming to pricing, The JioPhone is available for free but you have to pay a security deposit (***to avoid potential misuse***) of Rs. 1,500 which is refundable after 3 years.
Highlight Features of JioPhone
• Free voice and digital freedom for all JioPhone users, calling on JioPhone will be always free.
• Jio Assistant, The AI powered Personal Assistant which helps you control your JioPhone by Voice Commands.
• Simplified interface in 22 Indian regional languages.
• Pre-loaded with Jio Apps
• Connect your JioPhone to any TV with Jio Media Cable and watch the content on big screen. (works, not only with Smart TV but also CRT TV)
The JioPhone sports 2.4-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) Display and is powered by Dual Core processor coupled with 512MB RAM. it is packed with 4GB of on-board storage and supports storage expansion up-to 128GB via MicroSD card support.
The device sports a 2-megapixel rear camera and a 0.3-megapixel front facing camera. the device runs on KaiOS (you can read more about it here) which is design exclusively for feature phones and is backed by a 2,000 mAh battery which the company claims offers talktime up-to 12 hours and a standby time up-to 15 days.
The JioPhone is packed with supports for 22 Indian regional languages which includes – Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri , Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. it is also packed with voice assistant which will help you to make calls, send messages, browse, launch camera and open JioTV, JioCinema, JioMusic and other apps. as mentioned earlier the best part of the jioPhone is projecting your screen on Television and enjoy watching the content on big screen.
On the connectivity, the option includes Single SIM (Nano SIM), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 and USB 2.0.If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices