Microsoft has pushed Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile build 10586.164 to insiders today! After many days Microsoft has pushed build for Mobile and Desktops at same day!
Lets start with :-
Windows 10 Build 10586.164 :
Microsoft released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 PCs.he company today released KB3140768 to users running Windows 10 via Windows Update.
What’s improved in this build ?
- Improved support for Bluetooth, wearables, and apps accessing contacts.
- Improved reliability in app installation and Narrator.
- Improved performance for hibernation, content entry in apps, and downloading and installing updates.
- Fixed issue that didn’t allow login to an Xbox from a PC running Windows 10.
- Fixed security issue created when attempting to play corrupted content.
- Fixed security issue that could allow remote code execution while viewing a PDF in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed additional issues with .NET Framework, Internet Explorer 11, and networking.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, USB storage driver, kernel mode drivers, .NET Framework, graphic fonts, OLE, secondary logon, PDF library, and Adobe Flash Player.
Users can grab this update at Windows update !
Windows 10 mobiinle Build 10586.164 :
Microsoft released Mobile build 10586.164 to Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings.This build is also available for non insider (phone with Windows 10 shipped) but it may depend on your carrier and region.
Jason from Microsoft stated:
Another week and another build is rolling out! We’re happy to announce the release of build 10586.164 to both Retail users as well as Windows Insiders. Here’s a quick FAQ on the release and what to expect:
Q: Who is receiving this build?
A: This release is being sent to Retail open market devices as well as our Insiders in the WIP Slow and Release Preview rings.
Q: I’m in the WIP Fast ring. How do I obtain this .164 release?
A: Change rings in the Windows Insider app to either WIP Slow or Release Preview, take the update, and then change back to the WIP Fast ring.
Q: Why is it necessary for WIP Fast users to switch rings?
A: It’s a publishing limitation. Changing rings will not be a permanent process, but it is required for this particular release.
Q: Why didn’t Insiders get to test this release before releasing it to Retail users?
A: Insiders did get to test it! The previously released 10586.122 build is nearly identical to this new .164 build. There are no major feature changes between the two builds. Changes were focused on a few key bug fixes and other required updates to ensure this build was ready to release to Retail users.
That about covers it! This is a fairly small release overall, but it’s important for Insiders to stay up-to-date. If there are any questions about this release, please share them below.
Thank you, Jason
What’s fixed in this update :
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
Slow and Release Preview Ring users head to Phone updates and Check for updates to download it!
If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices