Opera pushes up a new update for its beta version of browser known as “OPERA DEVELOPER”. In the previous update Opera brought FREE VPN service to its BETA users.
The new update bring power saving mode, which will be useful for laptops to conserve battery while surfing! and designed to extend your laptop battery life by up to 50%
This feature can be activated at settings. A battery saver icon will apear beside address bar where you can disbale or enable battery saver mode. Now opera browser can automatically turn on battery saver mode when your laptop reaches 20% of charge.
Here is the changelog:
- Reduced activity in background tabs
- Automatically pausing unused plug-ins
- Reduced frame rate to 30 frames per second
- Tuning video-playback parameters and forcing usage of hardware accelerated video codecs
- Paused animations of browser themes
Opera in their blog post:
We are the first major browser to include a dedicated power saving mode, designed to extend your laptop battery life by up to 50% compared with, for example, Google Chrome. Depending on your type of hardware, it can mean several hours more browsing before you need to recharge your laptop.
Opera has tested its power saving feature and results were in favour to Opera as they found that Opera use to run 50% more than Google’s chrome on laptop running Windows 10 64BIT edition.
Here is the installation links:
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Windows x64 – experimental
- Opera developer for Mac
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
Source: OperaIf you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices