Fenice for twitter grabs an major update with new features and bug fixes. The latest update comes up with new logo, refresh UI, Microsoft Band Support and push notification settings.
The developers of Fenice announced today in their blog post that :
Today we are so happy to release the biggest update we ever made, Fenice 3.0 for both PC and Mobile. There are some very cool new things in this update as we wanted to address as many feedback as possible and bring the app to a new level.
Fenice Dev’s brought up a new logo, this was the public demand and Fenice Dev’s already hinted this change before!
Let’s check out the major improvements of this app:
- View tweet replies and quick reply :-
Fenice now displays tweets replies in the details page. You can also quickly reply to tweets without going to the full tweet page.
- UI CHANGE
The Tweet page is now changed and Twitter profile has got a whole new design!
- Tweet page improvements
Fenice Devs re-coded the whole Tweet page and brought up new features!
- Automatically split tweets longer than 140 characters
- The app will now ask to save a draft before leaving the tweet page
- Windows Hello verification before posting a tweet
- New way to attach images on Desktop/Tablets
- GIF search (powered by Giphy)
Microsoft Band support :
This update adds Microsoft Band support. To pin Fenice tile on your Band*, go to settings > notifications.
*Designed for Microsoft Band 2, could not work correctly with Microsoft Band 1
- Push notification testing
To enable the Push Notification Simply go to settings > Subscriptions and “buy” the free in-app purchase then enable push notifications in the notification page. We suggest you to disable the live tile and notifications as the server SHOULD update both in realtime. In this way you’ll test push notification for 14 days.
There are some bugs right now for push notifications, sometimes you could stop receiving notifications (but you’ll still get tile updates) and right now it requires some times before the server starts to send push notifications to you.
Here are the bug fixes in this latest update :
- Push notifications now open the correct page
- Fixes some crashes at the startup
- Fixes duplicated search results
- Fixes an issue that could have resulted to duplicated tweets
- Fixes “media parameter ID is invalid” error
- Fixes a bug that prevented some users to remove profiles
- Fixes an issue that could have made the app crash when trying to switch account
- Fixes an issue when “switch theme automatically” is enabled
- Fixes a bug that showed mistakenly some accounts as verified
Download the new update from below: