Meet Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Designed to help you achieve more and do bigger things in your Day-to-Day life with an Infinity Display, enhanced S Pen support and Dual Cameras with Optical Image Stabilization.
After the debacle of Galaxy Note 7 many tech pundits felt that Samsung, the South Korean tech giant would drop the Note series and move on but proving all those speculation wrong the company today announced the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone at a launch event held in New York.
“We appreciate the relentless passion of the Note community. They’ve been a constant inspiration to us and we designed the new Note for them,” said DJ Koh, president of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “From the Infinity Display to the enhanced S Pen and a powerful Dual Camera, the Galaxy Note 8 lets people do things they never thought were possible.”
- Water and Dust Resistance: Four years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with water resistance. And today, you can take your Note almost anywhere you want with water and dust resistance (IP68) on the device and the S Pen. You can write even when the display is wet.
- Fast Wireless Charging: Two years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with wireless charging. The Galaxy Note 8 supports the most advanced wireless charging capabilities yet, so you can get a quick, convenient charge without having to mess around with ports or wires.
- Security: The Galaxy Note 8 offers a choice of bio-metric authentication options—including iris and fingerprint scanning. Samsung Knox provides defense-grade security at the hardware and software layers and with Secure Folder, keeps your personal and professional data separate.
- Powerful Performance: With 6GB RAM, a 10nm processor, and expandable memory (up to 256GB), you have the power you need to browse, stream, play games, and multitask.
- Innovative Mobile Experiences: Samsung DeX enables a desktop experience, powered by your phone. You can keep your files on your device, conduct work on the go, and use Samsung DeX when you need an even bigger screen. The Galaxy Note 8 includes Bixby, a smarter way to use your phone; it learns from you, improves over time, and helps you get more done.
- S Pen : With the arrival of Galaxy Note 8, the S Pen has become more powerful and is designed with a finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity, and features that enable users to express themselves not only in text’s but also animated texts or drawings across platforms that support animated GIFs. the S Pen also translate feature when you hover over the text. it not only translate individual words, but also entire sentences in up to 71 languages, and is also capable of instantly converting units and foreign currencies.
- Non-Contact Authentication: The Galaxy Note 8 offers iris scanning for professionals—for example, professionals in the health care, construction, or public safety sectors who may find themselves in a position where they need to unlock their phones without having to swipe or scan a fingerprint.
- Enhanced DeX Capabilities: The Galaxy Note 8 powers Samsung DeX for those who need to extend their simple mobile experience seamlessly to the desktop —whether they’re in the field, at the office or at home
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications
- Display – 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with a Pixel Density of 522 PPI with the option to change Default resolution from Full HD+ to Quad HD+ (WQHD+) in Settings and Multi Window support.
- Processor – Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU or (depending on market) Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- RAM – 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 64GB/128GB/256GB storage (depending on market) also supports storage expansion up-to 256GB with MicroSD
- Operating System – Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Rear Camera- Dual Cameras. both, with Dual OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) with combination consists of 12MP Dual Pixel Sensor, Auto Focus, F/1.7 aperture + 12MP Telephoto Lens with Auto Focus, F/2.4 aperture, 2X optical zoom, and up to 10X digital zoom. both rear cameras take two pictures simultaneously and allow you to save both images; one close-up shot from the telephoto lens and one wide-angle shot that shows the entire background.
- Front Camera – 8MP Selfie Shooter with Auto Focus, F/1.7 aperture, and wide-angle lens to capture sharp selfies and video chats.
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Connectivity Options – 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1
- Payment option – NFC, MST
- Battery – 3300mAh battery with fast charging (Quick Charge 2.0) both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
- Security Features – Lock Type: Pattern, Pin, Password, Biometric Lock Types: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, and Facial Recognition
- Other Features – Water and dust resistant (IP68), Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / MicroSD)
- Dimensions – 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight – 195 grams
The company also stated that it is committed to lead the industry in battery safety and also pointed out that the Galaxy Note 8 battery has undergone Samsung’s 8-Point Battery Safety Check.
The Samsung Galaxy 8 Note is available in Deep Sea Blue, Maple Gold, Midnight Black, and Orchid Grey colour variant. the pre-order of the smartphone will began from tomorrow August 24 in selected markets and will be start shipping from mid-September. The Galaxy Note 8 pricing in United States starts at $930 (approx. Rs. 59,500) from T-Mobile, $960 (approx. Rs. 61,500 ) from Verizon and $950 (approx. Rs. 60,800 ) from AT&T. the company is also offering customers who pre-orders the device with a Samsung Gear 360 camera or a bundle of 128GB MicroSD card & wireless charging pad..Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices