Microsoft today pushed Windows 10 mobile build 10586.318 as the next cumulative update for the devices which were shipped with Windows 10 mobile and insiders on release preview ring. This build brought various bug fixed and performance improvements for phones but no new features.
Have a look what has been fixed and improved:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.
This update weighs around 71 mb – 100 mb, varies on phone model. To grab the latest cumulative update visit Settings>Update&Security> Phone updates and check for updates!
<strong>For more information on Tech news :</strong>
Like our Facebook page : <a href=”https://www.facebook.com/thegizmonation/?fref=ts”>Gizmo nation</a>
You can also Follow us on twitter here : <a href=”https://twitter.com/iGizmoNation”>@iGIZMONATION</a>
Feel free to join our Facebook support group <a href=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpdiscussions/”>Windows Mobile News – WinMob </a>If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Smartphone Assistant for any queries related to your devices